Cosmetics practice group.
Key team members:
How we can help.
Bespoke Cosmetics is our specialist sector group, providing expert legal advice to the cosmetics industry.
We advise clients throughout the cosmetics supply chain, including product and packaging manufacturers, importers, exporters, wholesalers and retailers.
We live and breathe cosmetics.
Our lawyers have significant experience advising leading global cosmetics brands, liaising with government departments including the Department of Health (NICNAS) and anticipating regulatory challenges.
Our cosmetics team provides practical advice over the spectrum of issues in the cosmetics industry:
- importation compliance, including advising on NICNAS notifications, assessment certificates, permits and exemptions
- product labelling
- new market entry and distribution strategy
- domestic and cross-border manufacturing, supply, distribution, transport and warehousing agreements
- supply chain auditing (including illegal logging and chain of responsibility obligations)
- intellectual property advice relating to packaging and other marketing material
- domestic and international trade mark searches, applications and oppositions
- retail leasing
- returns policies and manufacturer warranties
- customer service training relating to Australian Consumer Law issues
- corporate restructuring, including intellectual property licensing.
Cutting through the red tape of the cosmetics sector.
The cosmetics industry is competitive, dynamic and subject to regulation.
Before cosmetics can be sold to consumers, manufacturers must ensure compliance with a range of regulations, such as product safety, import/export and intellectual property. Once products are made available, ongoing compliance with regulatory rules remains paramount, including in relation to advertising, marketing and consumer laws.
Finally, the threat of product recalls, enforcement actions, competitor disputes and consumer litigation remains an ongoing concern.
We offer specialist industry knowledge, with experience acting for household cosmetics names, and an innovative pricing model that maximises returns for clients. Our unique approach prioritises commercial awareness, efficiency, transparency and affordability.