1.1 We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Here we outline the obligations which we have in managing the personal information we hold about clients, potential clients, contractors and others.
1.2 Your privacy is very important to us and we will act to protect your personal information in line with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We take this responsibility seriously and are very careful about how and when your personal information is collected, used and stored.
- the collection of your personal information by us;
- the storage of your personal information by us;
- the use of your personal information by us;
- the disclosure of your personal information by us;
- how you may access personal information that we keep; and
- how you may complain about a suspected privacy breach.
- Personal information is generally collected and stored about clients and potential clients, suppliers and their employees, employees and contractors, and potential employees and contractors.
4. How and when we collect personal information
4.1 We generally collect personal information by way of forms, face-to-face meetings, interviews, business cards, documents, phone conversations, publicly visible websites and from third parties. We also collect personal information from our website, blog, social media pages, the internet, contact forms and emails.
4.2 This may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, email, contact details, phone number, credit card information, occupation and other personal information requested by us, or otherwise assisting us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
4.3 By providing your personal information to us, you acknowledge that you are authorised to provide it to us.
4.4 We will only collect personal information that is necessary for 1 or more of our functions or for the purposes disclosed to you.
5. How we use your personal information
5.1 We may use, collect and store your personal information in order to:
- provide and market our products and services, inform you about our website, products or services, or other matters which we believe may be of interest to you;
- provide training, updates and newsletters;
- measure site activity;
- improve our range of products and services;
- satisfy your needs; and
- protect our web pages and trace unauthorised access.
5.2 We do not use or share personal information for any purpose other than for the purpose for which it was disclosed. For the avoidance of doubt, we are not in the business of buying and selling personal information.
5.3 We may provide your personal information to our related bodies corporate, business partners, service providers, third party contractors, agents, suppliers and authorised third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf.
5.4 In all circumstances where your personal information is disclosed, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure these third parties undertake to protect your privacy in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
6. Storage and security
6.1 We want you to feel confident in communicating with us via the internet. We work hard to store your personal information securely and to make our website and systems as secure as possible against unauthorised access.
6.2 Despite our reasonable endeavours, however, we are unable to ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted to us. Accordingly, all personal information disclosed by you to us is at your own risk and we will not be liable for any unauthorised access, loss or damage to the personal information.
6.3 If we determine that personal information is no longer needed, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it, unless we are required by law, court, tribunal or industry standard to retain it.
7. Disclosure of personal information
7.1 We sometimes outsource certain tasks or services to others. These service providers only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary for that task or service. These service providers are obliged to treat your personal information according to the relevant privacy laws.
7.3 Prior to the disclosure of personal information to an overseas service provider, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient treats your personal information securely and otherwise complies with the relevant Australian Privacy Principles.
7.5 We may disclose any information, including personal information, that we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, governmental request or industry code.
8. Links to other sites
9. Direct marketing
9.1 Where we have your consent (express or implied), or where otherwise permitted by law, we may use your personal information to send you information about the products or services we offer, as well as other information. We may send this information by email.
9.2 If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can opt out at any time in the ways set out below and we will remove you at your request:
- by writing to our Privacy Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by using an unsubscribe facility in our commercial electronic messages (ie email or SMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
10. Cookies (not the baked kind)
10.1 A cookie is a piece of data that enables us to record and target your preferences.
11. Access and keeping up-to-date
11.1 You may obtain access to the personal information which we have collected about you, and request corrections, by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
11.2 We will use reasonable endeavours to provide a complete list of your personal information within 21 days of receipt of your enquiry. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for this service to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Proof of identity may be required before such information will be provided.
11.3 We will use reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information that we collect accurate, up-to-date and complete. You should notify us in writing in the event that your personal information changes.
- any change in privacy laws or industry standards; and
- future changes in our use of your personal information.
13. Talk to us
13.2 Further information about privacy law and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.